In September I read a total of 9 books. Some were new to me and some were rereads including both The Farseer and The Tawny Man Trilogies.
1. Heir of Novron – link to full review
3. Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb
– Ship of Magic is a book that follows multiple perspectives from a group of people who are called the Bingtown Traders. This book follows this group of people in their various adventures surrounding their ships. These ships are called Liveships, these Liveships have the ability to come alive and therefore are highly valued by the families that own them. This book is the first book in a series by Robin Hobb and so the writing in this book is fantastic and the plot line is originally and well thought out. However, I thought that some chapters were too short and some chapters were too long. I thought that sometimes it took a little too long to get back to a chapter where something incredibly interesting was taking place. However, this could be because I generally do not like multiple perspective novels but since it is Robin Hobb, I found myself enjoying it regardless. (Btw Kyle is so frustrating)
4. Lucrezia Borgia by Sarah Bradford- link to review
Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb
This series was a reread and remains a favorite series of mine. I pretty much love everything about it. I love the writing. The character development is amazing. Fitz grows up from a 6-year-old to an adult and it is a long bumpy journey for him and is often heart-wrenchingly difficult. He goes from being a child who unquestioningly follows orders to an adult who questions the adults who think they know what’s best for him. I love the partnership that Fitz and his companions share and I also love the way relationships are portrayed. They are portrayed beautifully flawed. Every time I read this I discover something new and fall in love with different characters who become more intriguing every time you reread this series. Also, the third book is better every time you reread it. 5/5 stars all around.
The Tawny Man Trilogy by Robin Hobb
9. Golden Fool
– I’m about 1/2 way through Fool’s Fate
I won’t say much about this series except that I miss a certain character so much in the last two books. I also do not like this series as much as the Farseer Trilogy but it was still really good.