Since today’s prompt is space I thought I would interpret this a little differently and talk about my space or spaces where I keep my books. The way organize my books is the system that works for me right now. However, I am always looking for a better method.
I have three basic places I keep my books:
- My bookcase
- My headboard (it has 2 shelves)
- On top of my dresser
My Bookcase– This is the place where I keep all of my read fiction books and music books.
- On top of my bookcase are all my Rick Riordan books (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, and Magnus Chase series) in order by publication date.
- On the first shelf, I keep all of my adult fantasy and science fiction books in alphabetical order.
- On the second shelf are my middle grade/ young adult books along with the rest of my adult fiction novels also in alphabetical order although, they are first grouped by middle grade and young adult then adult fiction.
- On the third shelf, all of my read classics reside and are also organized alphabetically.
- The bottom shelf holds my music education, music reference, and music history books. (All of my sheet music is somewhere else.) The music education and music reference books are alphabetized and my music history books are in chronological order.
My Headboard– the place where I keep my unread fiction books, and my read women’s biographies.
- The top shelf is where I keep my unread fiction in chronological order by publication date.
- The bottom shelf is where I keep my read and unread women’s biographies in chronological order by the birthdate of the subject.
On Top of My Dresser– this is where I keep all of my history books and biographies in chronological order by date/ time period.
And that is how I organize my books. How do you organize your books?